SorbentSystems.com
Main Page | Technology | Products | Ordering | Contact Us View Shopping Cart | Leave Feedback | Site Map

Email Us

Products

Technology

Ordering

About Us

Main

View
Shopping Cart

Leave
Feedback

Find the Quantity of Desiccant You Need


This is desgned to cover from small packages all the way up to large corporate containers.

For bottles or small foil packages, please click here.

Example 1: You are shipping a photocopier (a medium-sized package) with dimensions 4' x 3' x 2' = 24 cubic feet. You estimate that the copier takes up 75% of the space inside the package, but to be conservative, you say 70%. This means that the remaining 30% is free space, and that is 7.2 cubic feet (12442 cubic inches) and the table tells you that you need 9 units of desiccant. We recommend buying three 4-unit desiccants so you are absolutely certain that you have enough, and maybe a little to spare.

Example 2: You are shipping a large, custom-built machine/vehicle/power panel which is usually done by a crating company. The container's volume is 176,000 cubic inches, and the contents take up 30% of the package. This means the free space is 123,200 cubic inches, and the table tells you that you need more than 80 units of desiccant.

Container Size Desiccant Required
Square FeetSquare InchesGallonsCubic FeetCubic Inches 
0.1151.10.142371/6
0.2302.10.284761/3
0.3453.20.427141/2
0.6906.20.8314281
1.318012.51.6728562
1.927018.72.5042843
2.536025.03.3357124
3.145031.24.1671405
3.854037.45.0085686
4.463043.65.8399967
5.072050.06.66114248
5.681056.17.50128529
6.390062.38.331428010
7.5108074.810.001713612
8.8126087.311.661999214
10.0144099.713.322285016
20.02880199.426.644570032
50.07200498.566.6511425080
100.014400997.0133.30228500160
120.0180001240.0166.00285600200
150.0225001550.0207.00357000250

If you have any questions, please email us.

Please note that a unit of desiccant refers to its drying capacity, not its volume. A unit (approximately one ounce) is the amount of desiccant that will absorb at least three grams of water vapor at 20% relative humidity and at least six grams of water vapor at 40% relative humidity at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C).

Main Page | Technology Main | Products | Ordering | Contact Us

1999-2001 SorbentSystems.Com. All rights reserved.