DIRECTIONS FOR USE
VS-280 VACUUM SEALER
1. Turn the power switch off and open top cover by lifting gently. You may have to push down on both sides simultaneously on lock areas and raise handle to open.
2. Set the sealing time controller switch to compensate for the thickness of the bag. (You can start at #3 or #4.) After sealing a few packages you may have to come down a level as the machine warms.
3. Use your thumb and forefinger to extend the snorkel (nozzle) by pulling the snorkel slide lever (located on the top, just to the left of the seal and vacuum indicator lights) forward until it locks in place.
4. Slide the opening of the filled bag over the snorkel making sure the snorkel is in the bag (make sure not to fill closer then within ¾ inch of the sealing bar when using liquid or powders) and the bag opening is flat across the sealing area.
5. Close the cover by pushing down on both "locks" simultaneously until you hear them click in place. The time is normally 7-8 seconds. After the machine heats up reduce time slowly to compensate for the temperature increase that occurs with continual use.
6. Turn on the power switch. Vacuum automatically starts when the power button is switched on.
7. Tips for getting a good vacuum.
- Make sure product is placed evenly throughout the bag, insert snorkel so that it is somewhat close to the product, this will prevent the bag from collapsing before you get a tight seal.
- While vacuuming you may need to pull up on the bag slightly to unblock the snorkel. The sound will change when it's blocked, run a couple of practice bags to find your tight seal.
- Pulling on both sides of the bag right past where it's clamped in the machine can also help keep the bag out of the snorkel.
8. After the package reaches the desired tightness push down with both hands on the seal bar (the raised bar between the two "down lock" spots). This will release the snorkel & turn off the vacuum pump. Keep an even downward pressure on the seal bar with both hands (your palms work well for this!) until the seal light flashes and you hear an audible tone.
Make sure the snorkel has retracted all the way before you place the even downward pressure on the bar! You will not get a tight seal if the snorkel is still partially in the bag!
9. Push down simultaneously on both "down lock" spots until the cover releases and you can remove the sealed bag.
10. To vacuum another bag turn off the power switch then go back to step #3.
11. When sealing with liquid and or powders make sure to wipe the area when your sealing otherwise you will not get a good seal.
Note: When the VS-280 snorkel vacuum sealer gets too hot you will hear a warning sound as you press down to seal and the seal will become irregular. The machine should be turned off and allowed to cool for about 20-30 minutes. After cooling, the machine will work normally again. This protects the machine from over heating and damages.
This machine comes with a 6 month (From date of shipment) warranty. This warranty is subject to the terms and conditions of IMPAK Corporation: purchase is contingent upon agreement.
As a company that designs, assembles, and produces vacuum sealers for critical manufacturing of medical and electronic products, we can assure you that great attention to detail and quality has been directed towards the VS280/Snorkel Vac Unit. There are inherent power and vacuum strength limitations in a unit that weighs less than 6lbs including packaging. Our engineering personnel are confident that this small unit provides exceptional value at its purchase price.